The benefits of installing vinyl flooring throughout your home
Vinyl flooring has become a popular choice in recent years for many homeowners due to its many benefits. Vinyl has a realistic wood look or can resemble stone or ceramic tile, making it a versatile option for any home décor. In this article, we’ll explore the benefits of installing vinyl flooring throughout your home, and we will also look at the different types of vinyl flooring available.
The benefit of vinyl flooring?
Here is a look at the benefits of installing vinyl flooring.
- Waterproof- Vinyl plank flooring is one of the most popular types of vinyl flooring. It is made to look like hardwood floors, but it is 100% waterproof. It makes it an ideal choice for areas of the home prone to moisture, such as bathrooms, kitchens, and laundry rooms.
- Durable- Vinyl flooring is very durable and can withstand a lot of traffic, and it is also scratch and stain-resistant, making it a good choice for busy households with children and pets. This durability also means that it will last longer than other types of flooring, such as carpet or laminate.
- Easy to install- Vinyl plank flooring is easy to install and can be done as a do-it-yourself project.
- Affordable- Vinyl plank flooring is affordable compared to other types of flooring, such as hardwood or tile, and it is also a good choice if you are on a budget.
- Eco-friendly- Another benefit of vinyl flooring is that it is made from recycled materials, making it an environmentally friendly choice.
Different types of vinyl flooring?
There is a large variety of types of vinyl flooring available, and here is a look at some of the most popular types.
- Vinyl plank flooring- This type of flooring is made to look like hardwood floors, and it comes in planks that are easy to install.
- Sheet vinyl flooring- This type is a single sheet that can be cut to fit any room, and it is easy to install and available in various colours and patterns.
- Tile vinyl flooring- This type of flooring looks like ceramic tile. It is available in square tiles installed over existing floors or subfloors.
- Hybrid flooring- This type of flooring combines vinyl and laminate. It’s durable and easy to install; check out hybrid flooring pros and cons here.
How to install vinyl flooring?
Installing vinyl flooring is a relatively easy do-it-yourself project.
If you install vinyl plank flooring, start by measuring the room and then cut the planks to size. Next, install the planks by clicking them together. Once all the planks are installed, trim any excess material with a utility knife.
If you are installing sheet vinyl flooring, start by measuring the room and then cutting the vinyl to size. Next, install the vinyl by rolling it onto the floor and trimming any excess material with a utility knife.
If installing tile vinyl flooring, start by measuring the room and then cutting the tiles to size. Apply adhesive on the back of the tiles and then place them on the floor. Once all the tiles are in place, trim any excess material with a utility knife.
Are there any disadvantages to using vinyl flooring?
Vinyl floors are potentially slippery when wet, so it is essential to use caution in moisture-prone such as kitchens, laundry rooms, or bathrooms.
Sharp objects can also damage vinyl floors, so it is essential to use caution when moving furniture or other heavy objects.
Vinyl floors can also be stained by certain liquids, such as red wine or coffee. But, if you clean up a spill quickly, it will help prevent permanent staining.
Tips for vinyl flooring?
Here are a few tips for vinyl flooring:
- The best way to clean vinyl floors is with a damp mop. Avoid using excessive water. It can damage the flooring.
- For stubborn stains, use a mild soap or cleaning solution. Do not use abrasive cleaners, as this can damage the flooring.
- Place mats or rugs in high-traffic areas to protect your vinyl floors from scratches and stains.
- When moving furniture, place felt pads under the legs to prevent scratching.
Why is vinyl flooring better than laminated flooring?
Vinyl flooring is a better option than laminated flooring for several reasons.
- First, vinyl floors are more durable and last longer than laminate floors.
- Second, vinyl floors are more affordable than laminate floors, and they are also a good choice if you are on a budget.
- Third, vinyl floors are more eco-friendly than laminate floors, and they are made from recycled materials and are, therefore, a more sustainable option.
- Fourth, vinyl floors are available in various colours and styles, allowing you to choose the perfect flooring for your home.
- Finally, vinyl floors are easy to install and can be done as a do-it-yourself project.
Where to purchase vinyl flooring?
You can purchase vinyl flooring at home improvement stores, such as Home Depot or Lowe’s. You can also purchase vinyl flooring online from a variety of retailers. When purchasing online, ensure that you purchase from a reputable retailer to avoid receiving damaged or defective products.
Vinyl flooring is famous for many homeowners because it is durable, easy to install, and affordable. It is also eco-friendly and available in a variety of colours and patterns. Be aware of the risks, such as the potential for slipping and damaging the flooring, but overall, vinyl flooring is an excellent choice for many homes. With proper care and maintenance, vinyl floors can last for many years.